Trade Training Centre comprising kitchen, metalwork and woodwork facilities
Department of Education
The rollout of Trade Training Centres (TTCs) across NSW with funding from the NSW government was in response to the encourage students to remain in school until year 12. The Program will allow secondary students from years 9 to 12 to access vocational education and training through TTCs to give students a broader range of options to help improve Year 12 attainment and enhance pathways into vocational careers.
New England Constructions has been involved in the construction of a number of trade training centres across NSW.
|Trade Training Centres
|Murrumburrah High School
|Young High School
|Warren Central School
|Coomealla High School
|Gundagai High School
|Tumut High School
|Kelso High School
|Laurieton, Nambucca Heads, Port Macquarie Public School Libraries
|Wee Waa High School
|Lake Cargelligo Central School
|Lidcombe & Guildford Public Schools
|West Wyalong High School
|Walgett High School
|Moree Secondary College
|Girraween & Blacktown Public School
|Hilltop Public School
|Hebersham & Walters Public Schools
|Tamworth & Gunnedah High Schools
Our experience in the hospitality industry gave us an edge in the delivery of TTCs, often resulting in:
- Delivering projects in less than half the contract time.
- Achieving a high quality project by engaging reputable Commercial Stainless Steel Fabricators.
- Reduced disruption to School operations through minimal site establishment
- Strategic project planning to complete major works during School holidays.
- Long lead times for the delivery of specified supply items on this project required pre-construction ordering and programming.
Common Project Features:
- Projects locations ranged from 200kms to 1,000kms from Sydney.
- Successful utilisation and management of trades and suppliers from a broad geographic area including Regional New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia where the project was in close proximity to the state borders.
- Successful implementation of Work Health and Safety Management Plan with construction activities taking place within tight constraints of the school’s central core.
- Site specific education and induction programs utilised to ensure interstate subcontractors fully appreciated and understood NSW requirements. asthma relief management. Interstate contractors required special management in respect to their Work Methods Statements and procedures to ensure compliance with NSW regulations.
- On occasion delivering metalwork, woodwork facilities and Covered Outdoor Work Areas (COWAs) in conjunction with the delivery of the Hospitality TTCs to reduce overhead costs and provide additional facilities to the various Schools.
This project has progressed very well and is nearing completion well ahead of the proposed completion date. The works involved construction works in a number of locations in the school site and New England Constructions have worked well with the school minimising disruption to the school. The contractors’ personnel worked well with all stakeholders providing professional services and delivery of the works.
Department of Education & Communities
Kelso High School
New England performed well on this project and met their intended handover date to the client… Chris Camilleri of New England Constructions performed well on the project to meet the requirements of the contract, have a good repour with the school, subcontractors and contract administrators. Any interruptions to the schools were managed well with little or no impact… New England Constructions should be given the opportunity to be invited to tender on these projects.
NSW Public Works
Young & Murrumburrah High School