Double storey extension and refurbishment of multi-purpose function centre, gaming, lounge, dinning and outdoor facilities
Muswellbrook RSL Club
Stage 1 – 2007
Stage 2 & 3 – 2009
3 stage delivery
- Stage1: Two-storey extension and to upgrade the gaming and lounge
- Stage 2: Multi-purpose Function Centre
- Stage 3: Alterations and additions to lounge, dining and outdoor facilities
Successful project outcome:
- Management of trades in a commercial environment heavily influenced by the mining sector
- High participation of key local trades
- Construction staging for minimal disruption to the Club’s continued trading operations
New England Constructions has been commissioned to complete two consecutive stages valued at $3.5 million for this progressive Upper Hunter Region Club. A third stage valued at $2.0 million is currently entering construction.
The first stage in 2007 required a 450-sqm refurbishment of the club’s existing general lounge, 280-sqm refurbishment of the existing gaming lounge and a 230-sqm new outside terrace extension to the ground & first floors at a construction value of $2.3 million.
The second stage in 2009, with a construction value of $1.2 million, required that the existing first floor auditorium and stage area be converted into three multi-purpose function rooms. The three rooms may be combined giving a total area of 540 sq m or separated
into meeting rooms of 70 sq m, 90 sq m & 380 sq m. A 72-sq m utility storage room is located adjacent to the function rooms. As with most hospitality projects, the building remained fully operational on the ground floor area whilst construction was completed on the first floor. Controlled phasing of the construction activities in combination with close co-operation on a daily basis between our Site Management and Club Management was an important feature in minimising disruption and contributing to the success of this project.