Construction of new pub including bottle shop, car parking and landscaping.
The Royal Hotels Group
- Delivery of new pub constructed with steel framing, brick and block construction, light weight cladding and architectural roof design.
- Civil and infrastructure works to prepare the site for construction of new pub, car parking for 165 vehicles, extensive landscaping and signage.
- Internally the pub will provide a 70 Seat Restaurant, 22 Seat Gaming lounge, 100 Seat Main Lounge, 72 Seat Sports Lounge, commercial kitchen, back of house facilities including cool rooms and secure counting facilities, 250sqm Bottle Shop and Indoor/ Outdoor Bar.
- 7 separate terraces have been created which provides external seating for 384 people.
- By engaging New England Constructions under a Construction Management agreement rather than a Design & Construct, the client was able to save 25% on original tender pricing.
- The design managed under the Construction Management agreement has been aligned to the cost plan, reducing the risk of cost escalation from the original cost plan.
- By analysing the site constraints and understanding the construction process, initial savings of $400,000 were achieved by increasing building RL height rather than increasing the amount of bulk earthworks.
- Future value was added by incorporating features onsite which allowed for future expansions such as a structural provision for a future mezzanine floor.
- Negotiated contracts allowed additional design features to be incorporated under the original cost plan.
- By directly involving the client, hotel manager and bar manager, a focus on the operational outcome improved the functionality of the bar design and equipment layout.
- Throughout construction the client has been given the flexibility to adapt the design to gain potential market leading design for the region and position branding.
- Senior Management has been involved in the project throughout design and delivery to assist with design resolution and implementation.
- Delivery is on target to complete the project 6 weeks ahead of contract date which allows the client to begin trading 6 weeks earlier.
- To assist the client with the venue opening, New England Constructions has given advice, comment and leads for out of scope items throughout the delivery of the project.